Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Midnight Icecream by Veronika Senova

 Hello Scrappy friends!

Today I have for you layout which started on white cardstock but it doesnt look like that :D I wanted to scrap something from days when to travel was so easy, so I scrolled deeper in my phone memory and found this photo of  Zinka from Cres, Croatia and I knew this was exactly what i looked for :). I wanted to use Contre Courant collection from Ateliers de Karine and photo perfectly match feeling of this collection.


I started with gesso and than I wanted to create night sky so I put Dont Rain on my Parade, Before down, Ahoy Matey and Rip van Periwinkle Vibez on my table and wanted also bit pink so I added Pink Stilettos and Sweet Heart as well. I started with Pinks in the middle of the page and then continue with blues, starting with lighted to darker ones. I added water to perfect shifts between colors and then added bit color again to get this night sky effect.


For perfect finish I added some splatters with Rip van Periwinkle and some silver watercolor from my stash.
I let it all dry and started to build bottom of my layout. I cutted part of vellum for the middle and botom of my page. In between I used grey patterned paper. That was base for my background. 


I backed my photo with tissue paper and foam to add dimension I adhered it to my backround in a way that I have space for adding my journaling on bit of paper  under photo. Lately I like this way of adding journaling becouse I can write more and I dont destroy whole layout :D



I fussycutted some small pictures  from another patterned paper and added also few vellum embelishements to my scene. For final touch ,just in time I received few papers from older summer collection from Crate Paper (thank you Janka :)) and again I just fussycutted three little pictures ( lady with dog, umbrela and one of wheels.
At the end I added title, composed from two kind of puffy alphas. And that's it :) Hope you like it and see you next time:)





No comments: