Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Travel | Using Simple Stories | Shannon Allor

 Hello friends!  It’s Shannon up on the blog today bringing you this rather dramatic layout featuring three jumbo geotags.  I created the geotags using Bazill cardstock in Marshmallow that I had previously treated with clear gesso.  I grabbed a whole bunch of Shimmerz products to create lots of color variation within each geotag.  The products used are:  Creameez in Lapis Dance, Spritz in Bamboo Leaf, Inklingz in Pink A Boo, Inklingz in Coral Reef, Inklingz in Olive U Truly, Creameez in Great Fruit, Inklingz in Oakie Bear Blue and Inklings in Steely Blue Eyes.  


I am loving how the mixed media geotags stand out so well against the deep blue of this patterned paper by Simple Stories.  The geotags on the right have been layered up to create a visual triangle.


I added some simple machine stitching around the border to add a bit more white.  You can see here that I had myself a time layering all kinds of bits and pieces from both Simple Stories as well as flair from Scrappin’ Happy Studio.


Remember to add my name into the comments section when you place your next order for a freebie!


You can see my full process here:


Happy Scrapping!
Shannon

No comments: