Friday, July 16, 2021

Here Comes the Sun | July Color Kitz | WDW Memories

Hello Shimmerz fans!

     It's Lorimar, and I'm sharing this bright, bold, multi-photo summer-y layout which was made using the July Color Kitz. Pick yours up at Shimmerz Paints! If you prefer process videos, there's one on my channel for this layout. Well, let's get into today's layout!


     To replicate this layout, start off with a simple sheet of white cardstock. Leave off the gesso this time around. Using a small paintbrush, make horizontal brushstrokes with Mandarin Mai Tai, Frogget Me Not, and Caribbean Sunset. Wait for it to dry before making splatters with Green Olive and There She Rose Again. Set your base aside to dry and hunt down your photos and embellishments. 
     For my layout, I chose a selection Simple Stories and American Crafts. I also decided to back the cutfile from the Color Kitz with a yellow Simple Stories patterned paper; then I splattered with Green Olive.
     Once your base is dry, arrange your pictures (mine have been matted with white cardstock and popped up on craft foam for dimension) and then add in the embellishments (to play around with the layers, some of the embellishments have been popped up on craft foam as well). Place your title, "sprinkle" the Dotz from the Color Kitz around the layout, and then drop in a couple of Nuvo Drops.

     That's it! Thank you so much for joining me today. I hope I was able to inspire you!! You'll find some more close-ups down below.
     Remember you can receive a freebie on your next Shimmerz order by typing "Lorimar" in the comments section of it.

Take care!
- Lorimar






 

No comments: