Tuesday, July 13, 2021

July 2021 Color Kitz | Brianna Lepper

 Hey friends!  Brianna Lepper here today sharing a new layout with the beautiful July 2021 Color Kitz.  This months kit is so pretty and the colors are so tropical to me.  Absolutely perfect for your Summer photos!  Don't forget to check out my process video at the end of this post to see how my layout came together!


To start, I cut the exclusive cut file from the Kit out on a piece of textured white cardstock.  I also cut the backing piece separately so that I could layer up the words from the cut file right on top of it.  Once the cut file was finished cutting, I left the cut file on the mat and started applying the colors from the kit.  I took a wide paint brush and painted on each color in rainbow order from the top, down to the bottom.  I opted not to add gesso to my cardstock because I do love seeing the texture once the color is put on it.


I set it aside to dry and then pulled out the Poppies from the kit and started painting them using a few colors from the kit.  I ended up using the Shimmerz There She Rose Again, Coloringz Mandarin Mai Tai and Shimmerz Green Olive.  They turned out so shimmery and pretty!!  


Next, I popped up each word from the cut file up on foam tape and adhered it to the large white backing piece.  To add extra color, I adhered the entire thing to another piece of patterned paper.  For the base of my layout, I used a piece of thick white cardstock and painted the same stripes that I did on the words from the cut file.  I really wanted to highlight the beautiful colors in this months kit!


Then, I got to work on embellishing!  I pulled in the painted poppies from earlier and got out the Dotz from the kit to start creating my embellishment clusters.  Next, I added some tangled thread in matching colors into each of my clusters.  I just love the extra color and texture!


These poppies turned out to be a favorite of mine!


I thought that the big white backing piece was a bit too white, so I added in some Goldie Lox Shimmeringz from my stash to jazz it up some.  


Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I had so much fun with the July Color Kitz and hope that I've inspired you in some way today!  Make sure to grab yours before they sell out and don't forget to add my name to the notes/comments section of your next order and you'll receive a free gift.  See you next time friends!


No comments: