Tuesday, June 8, 2021

June 2021 Color Kitz | Brianna Lepper

Hey friends! Brianna Lepper back again with a brand new layout using the stunning June 2021 Color Kitz!  For $25.99 + shipping, here's what you get in the kit!

Sapphire Spritz
Elfin' Magic Vibez
Strawberry Fieldz Creameez
Great Fruit Creameez
Powder Puff Spritz * New Color*
1 exclusive  "Sunshine in My Pocketcut file created by Shimmerz Paints. Available in JPEG, SVG and PNG format in a zip folder.
1 set of "Oh My Heart" Dotz
1 set of 4 customizable watercolor journaling cards

This kit has so many beautiful colors that are perfect for all of your Summer photos!  Here's my layout: 


To start, I sized and cut the cut file out on a piece of white textured cardstock.  I cut it again making sure to offset the inside pieces to the letters so that I could paint each one and immediately back the cut file with them.  I like to use this method when backing cut files with mixed media.  It really saves time in the end!  Once everything was cut, I started applying all of the colors from the kit onto the letters.  I wanted to paint the "sunshine" word in the cut file yellow, so I pulled a Vibez in Mustard Seed from my stash and painted it on.   


I set the letters aside to dry and got to work on my background.  I sprayed on the new Powder Puff Spritz and blended on a bit of the Sapphire Spritz to create a sky kind of look.  I sprayed some water to help the colors move and also added in a few splatters.  


I set that aside to dry as well and pulled out the watercolor paper shapes that also come in the kit.  I sprayed/painted on the colors onto my glass mat, added some water and smooshed each piece in the paints.  The butterflies ended up being my favorite because the Elfin Magic Vibez and the Sapphire Spritz are beautiful together!!!


Once everything was finished drying, I backed my cut file with the mixed media letters and popped the entire cut file up on foam tape.  I then adhered it on an angle to my background.  I have been loving the diagonal designs on my layouts lately.  Do you like doing diagonal layouts?  


Next, I got to work on embellishing.  This kit goes with so many of the newly released collections!  I ended up choosing the Sunkissed collection from Cocoa Vanilla and adhered some of the patterned papers to two of the corners so that they sandwiched my cut file.  I then took the 3 Dotz from the kit and used them as a starting point for 3 embellishment clusters.  I love adding tangled thread under each one too.  It just adds another element of texture!


Here's another embellishment cluster: 


I layered a few floral ephemera pieces and added in some text stickers and that completed my layout!  I love how this one turned out!


Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope that I've inspired you in some way!  If you haven't picked up this beautiful kit yet, make sure you grab one before they sell out!  (they usually do!) Don't forget to add my name in the notes/comments section of your next order to receive a free gift!  To see how this layout came together, check out my process video below.  See you next time friends!




















No comments: