Tuesday, April 6, 2021

April 2021 Color Kitz | Brianna Lepper

Hey friends!!  Brianna Lepper back with you today sharing a new layout using the oh so amazing and beautiful April 2021 Color Kitz.  This month, we get two new exclusive sprays!!  For $26.95 + shipping, here's what you get in this months kit: 

It's Mint to Be Shimmerz 
*NEW* Sweet Baby Girl Shimmeringz
Pixie Dust Blingz
*NEW* So Blue-ti-ful Spritz
1 exclusive layered process "Some Bunny Loves Youcut file created by Shimmerz Paints 
1 set of Dotz
1 package of *EXCLUSIVE* Spiegelmom Scraps Sequins "Baby Stella"

Here's my layout, make sure to check out my process video at the end of this post: 



I had so much fun with the kit this month!   The colors are beautiful and the two new sprays that we get are stunning!  To start, I cut the exclusive cut file out on a piece of white textured cardstock using my Silhouette.  I also offset and cut the backing pieces since I planned on adding lots of color to them.  In doing this, it made backing the cut file so much easier in the end!  I love backing cut files with mixed media, have you given it a try?  


Next, I got to work on my background.  I prepped a piece of thick white cardstock with gesso and painted all of the colors from the kit right onto it.  When I started painting on the Blingz Pixie Dust, I made sure to scoop a lot of the paint onto my brush to make sure I had TONS of shimmer and shine. 


 Once my painted backing pieces were finished drying, I went ahead and backed my cut file.  Then using the SpiegelMom sequins that we get in the kit, I created shakers in all of the "O's" in the cut file.  I love making shakers in a cut file, it's so fun and this sequin mix is so cute!!


Next, I popped up the entire cut file on some foam tape and adhered it down to my background.  Then I took the Dotz from the kit and added some tangled thread underneath each one.  I love the texture and interest that it gives!  


I embellished the rest of my page using the new Garden Party collection by Maggie Holmes and Crate Paper.  Talk about the perfect match!!


Here's one more up close shot!


Thanks so much for stopping by today, I hope I've inspired you in some way!  When you place your next Shimmerz order, make sure to add my name to the notes/comments section of your order and you'll receive a small freebie!  See you in my next post!

Process Video: 




No comments: