Wednesday, February 17, 2021

February 2021 Color Kitz | Brianna Lepper

Hey friends! Brianna Lepper here with a new layout using this months fabulous Color Kitz!  I love everything in the February Color Kitz and had so much fun creating this layout!  



To start, I cut the exclusive Rosez cut file several times on some textured white cardstock.  After they were all finished cutting, I applied the Vibez Cloud Wine (new), Coloringz Age Before Ruby (also new) and the Inklingz in Pink A Boo directly onto the floral pieces.  For the leaves, I used an Inklingz in Good As Gold.  


I love that the cut files were a bit warped and that they added extra dimension and interest to the page.  


Once the flowers were dry, I got to work on my background.  I took the Shimmerz Angel Wings and mixed it with some modeling paste from my stash.  If you only have the Color Kitz and none of the Shimmerz pastes on hand, you can simply add the colors to modeling paste and you can create the color that you need.  Since Angel Wings is basically shimmery white, it gave the modeling paste a subtle sparkly look.  I then pushed the paste through the Diamond Stencil in the kit and it created this awesome texture!


I embellished using a few Felicity Jane products from my stash and adhered the Dotz from the kit around the page.  


I really wanted the paints and cut file from the kit to really stand out so I kept the embellishing pretty minimal.  I love how the floral pieces turned out.  Have you tried painting directly onto cut files?  I hope I've inspired you to give it a try!


Thank you so much for stopping by today!   Have you had a chance to pick up this gorgeous February Kit yet?  There are some still available in the shop so snag one while you can.  Don't forget to add my name to the notes/comments section of your order and you'll receive a free gift!  Thanks again for being here and I'll see you next month!

Process Video


















No comments: