Friday, February 12, 2021

You & Me | February Color Kitz | Mixed Media Layers

 Hello Shimmerz Family!

Hope you all are doing great, and the days are slowly (very slowly) heating up. Today, I'm sharing this mixed media filled (oh, so many layers!) layout with you using the February Color Kitz (which you can get by clicking the name). Just as a reminder, you can get a freebie on your next Shimmerz order by typing "LORIMAR" in the comments section. You can catch the process video for this layout here. We have many layers to go through so let's jump into it!

To get started, I used a sheet of textured white cardstock and added clear gesso to it.



Layer #1 - I sprayed a bit of water and began adding the lighter colors from the Color Kitz (pink, white, and light mauve). Let it dry.
Layer #2 - Sprayed a bit more water and splashed some more of the same colors as the previous step in order to make them more saturated in some areas. Let them dry.
Layer #3 - Splattered a bit deeper colors (wine and burgundy). Let them dry.
Layer #4 - Using the stencil from the Kitz, I added fluffy modeling paste to the background, splashed a bit of the darker colors around the outer edge of the layout.
Layer #5 - I sprayed some water on the modeling paste and sprayed the wine color. I then lifted and tilted the layout so that the color could spread between the ridges of the modeling paste.


Once all those layers were done, I began adding in my photo, the cutfile (NOT part of the Kitz; from my stash; available as Swirly Flowers from COAPACUTFILES on Etsy), title, Dotz from the Color Kitz, and sequins by Spiegelmom Scraps (Modern Holiday; NOT part of the kit). 

There you have it! Despite it having many layers, it's a pretty simple layout to make, and I do hope you try it out soon.

Stay safe and Shimmery,
- Lorimar






No comments: