Monday, January 18, 2021

Best Day Ever

 Hi everyone! Melissa here with a new design team post for the amazing Shimmerzpaints! I love their rich texture and colors! 


Photo credit:Unsplash






To make this page I put the layers under the photo together first,including taping water color paper under the image to make it stronger and lie flat. Below that is a mat of watercolor paper, and at the bottom is corrugated cardboard. I tore off most the paper from the surface of the cardboard, and painted it with white gesso. I put one or two layers of cardboard between each of the layers to add dimension, and taped it to the background paper with double sided foam tape.

 I applied Prima Platinum texture paste to Blue Fern's Jane Austin's Diary paper with a small spatula and a TCW stencil. 

I attached the flowers first with double sided foam tape. I added the beads, then the paint.

I painted the mat and corrugated with Precious MetalChristmas Cheer,and Pink Shimmerz, and Pixie Dust Blingz. The Pink is unfortunately sold out. I painted the background paper with some Pixie Dust, Greener Pastures, and Dear John Letter Inklingz.There's also some Penny 4 Your Thoughts Inklingz. The Penny shade is probably on every project I've done since I started at Shimmerzpaints, three years ago. The chipboard has First Blush Inklingz on it. The two darker pink roses have A Rose (By Any Other Name) on them, I didn't have the color flowers I wanted, so I painted two that were a lighter shade of pink.





To add visual interest I added micro beads, seed beads,glass glitter, clear acrylic rhinestones,glass beads, pearls,rhinestones,swarovski crystals,glass hearts,sequins,pressed flowers,iridescent wrapping paper,gold leaf,tulle,lace,sisal,shells, metal from Reneabouquets,and Vintaj.Flowers from  Reneabouquets and Prima,and bling and metal from my stash. Most of the things are glued on individually with Glossy Accents.

I layered in fussy cut images from Graphic 45.










To the right of the spoon is a tiny amount of grey sealing wax, I used a stamp with an "L" on it, for Larson.  






 I rubbed on gold Jaquard mica powder on some of the raised areas and edges, as a last step. 


Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!





1 comment:

Ann Marie Governale said...

So beautiful. Love the wax stamp. I have but have not used yet! Just gorgeous! xxx Ann