Tuesday, January 19, 2021

January 2021 Color Kitz | Brianna Lepper

Hey friends!  Brianna Lepper here today sharing a new layout that I created using the beautiful January 2021 Color Kitz!  Unfortunately, they're currently sold out so make sure to snag these awesome Kitz as soon as they're released on the 1st of every month.  Here's what you get in this months kit: 

Snow Storm Vibez
I Love You Onyxly Inklingz
Good as Gold Inklingz
*NEW* Be Right Black Vibez
*NEW* Star Bright Shimmerz
1 exclusive layered process "Sparkle Into My Lifecut file created by Shimmerz Paints 
1 set of "Foiled" Dotz
1 artist watercolor brush

 

Here's my layout!



To start, I cut the cut file out on a piece of white textured cardstock.  While I was still in my Silhouette Software, I offset the inner pieces of the cut file since I wanted to add the colors from the kit to them.  I love backing cut files using this technique, it highlights the colors in the kit and also creates such a fun look to the entire cut file.  


For the word 'sparkle' I used the Good as Gold Inklingz and for the rest of the words, I used the new Be Right Black Vibez, Star Bright Shimmerz and I Love You Onyxly Inklingz.  Look at all of the sparkle and shimmer!  


For my background, I used the Good as Gold Inklingz again and added in the Star Bright Shimmerz (the tiny gold glitter pieces though!) and a bit of the Snow Storm Vibez.  I wanted a pretty, shimmery background!


Next, I popped the entire cut file up on some foam tape and adhered it down to my background.  I started creating small embellishment clusters around my page and added the exclusive Foiled Dotz to those clusters.  I added a bit of tangled thread under each one since I love the look of it!


For this page, I embellished using some leftover pieces from my December Hip Kit Club kit.  The Color Kit this month is so versatile with the black and gold tones, that it matched so nicely with it!  And that watercolor brush that we get is perfect to use at your desk or even while you're traveling or away from your normal space.    


I absolutely love how this layout turned out.  This kit was so fun to create with and I'm so happy to add the colors into my stash.  I am still so in love with the new Star Bright Shimmerz and Be Right Black Vibez.  They're both so beautiful!


I hope that I've inspired you in some way today and if you weren't able to grab this kit, make sure to stay tuned for the February Color Kitz!  Make sure to add my name in the notes/comments section of your next order and you'll receive a freebie.  I've also got a process video down below that I hope you'll check out!  See you next month!




















No comments: