Sunday, July 5, 2020

Wild Oceans || July 2020 Color Kitz || Natalie Dill


Hey friends! Natalie here today with the July 2020 Color Kitz.

This kit is full of goodness to include
  • Pink Moscato Vibez
  • Oh Say Can You Sea Coloringz
  • Cheeky Pink Creameez
  • Blue Grass Shimmerz
  • Bubblegum Blast Shimmerz
  • 1 exclusive Layered Hibiscus cut file created by Shimmerz Paints 
  • 1 set of "Flamingo Bay" Dotz
  • 1 package of an exclusive sequins mix: Flamingo Bay from "Spiegelmom Scraps"

I gessoed a sheet of white cardstock and used the hibiscus flower cut file to mask and spritzed the Pink Moscato Vibez and Oh Say Can You Sea Coloringz around the edges as a border.

Then I used a paintbrush to soften the edges. You can see the exact process on my YouTube channel.


I cut three layered hibiscus and painted the large flower with the Pink Moscato Vibez.

I painted the inside floral with the Bubble Gum Blast Shimmerz, and the stamen with Cheeky Pink Creameez splattered with Blue Grass Shimmerz.


I outlined the edge of each flower with the Flamingo Bay sequins. Since these flowers were so pretty and made such a statement, I tried to not add too many other embellishments in order that they shine.


I borrowed my title from a poem by Atticus and had these perfect Amy Tan Thickers to match the Oh Say Can you Sea Coloringz.

I left a space behind the photo to tuck some journaling.


I had so much fun working with this Color Kitz this month & hope I have inspired you to create something of your own.

Make sure to pop into the store and grab your own July color kit!

xo, Natalie






No comments: