Monday, July 6, 2020

Splash Waves | Two-Toned Mixed Media Background | Lorimar


Hello everyone!

Lori here sharing a color-clash layout using 2 different colors to make my mixed media background. This layout came together in just under 30 minutes, and we all love quick layout, right? Process video: https://youtu.be/v-ZF4wEC-pM

Let's get started:
I began with a sheet of white textured cardstock and visually divided it in half. Using my pictures as inspiration for the bicolorfulness, I selected Tickle Me Turquoise, Ultramarine, In Deep, and Boogie Boardin' Blue, Freshly Squeezed, Marigold, Pumpkin, and Can't Elope as my colors. Each color on each side was added in using a different technique: packaging, brushstrokes, splatters, and spraying. Once my background was dry, I added my pictures in using craft foam and then color-blocked each embellishment (blue on blue; orange on orange). Finally, I splattered a bit more of Can't Elope and Boogie Boardin' Blue, added my journaling and called it done! See? A quick and simple layout to document yet another Disney memory.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Remember, if you place a Shimmer order in the near future, write my name "LORIMAR" in the comments section of your next Shimmerz order to get a freebie.

- Lorimar





No comments: