Wednesday, June 24, 2020

A Good Day | Mixed Media Layout with Texture Pastes and Neutral Colors.

Hello everyone!

Lori here! How are things? Is Summer in full swing yet? It most definitely is for me and that's why I documenting this beach themed layout. I really wanted to play with my texture pastes and decided to further challenge myself by sticking to neutral colors for create my layout. Link to process video: https://youtu.be/4497eLFRwu8

Let's get to it! I began my layout by selecting a wood grain patterned paper as my base. Watering down some white acrylic paint, I splattered it unto the background and added 4 brushstrokes in different places. I then added Gold Mine texture paste near where I added the white brushstrokes; did the same with Gritty Graphite. 
Set my base to dry and, in the meantime, began selecting neutral toned embellishments from my stash. I tried to diversify the types of embellishments as much as I could to really play on the level of interest and detail. I've also matted my picture (6x4) on white cardstock and added some craft foam beneath it.

Once my base was dry, I layered in my embellishments, making a cluster near each of the white brushstrokes. Wrote my journaling and finished off my layout with splatters of Coal, Penny 4 Your Thoughts, Misty Morning and Silver Bells. You can find the close-ups down below.

Thank you so much for sticking around! Remember you can get some free paint by typing "Lorimar" in the comments section of your next Shimmerz order.


- Stay Safe
Lorimar






No comments: