Monday, January 6, 2020

Roam & Rove | Color Kitz | Natalie Dill

Hi friends! Natalie here sharing the January 2020 Color Kitz, and boy did they choose to start the new year with a bang!


I absolutely ADORE this kit!
For $29.95 you get:
  • Into The Woods Vibez
  • Before Dawn Vibez
  • Sage Advice Shimmerz
  • For Shore Creameez
  • Silver Fox Shimmerz
  • Sheer Bliss Inklingz
  • 4 journaling cards
  • 1 exclusive forrest cut file created by Paige Taylor Evans
  • 1 teaspoon package of Country Buttonz
  • 1 set of "Happy Day" Dotz
And the kit is so incredibly versatile! You can create multiple tones of colors dpending on the applied layers.


For this layout, I created a gesso circle a bit larger than the size of the cut file. I then applied each color to the background paper separately and allowed each to dry before applying the next. I did not want the colors to blend.

 I also used my heat gun to dry the colors, which left me with the hard lines of varying depths of color that I love. I feel like it looks like a topographical map & I love that look!

I did a rough color-blocking technique and I applied the Before Dawn Vibez in the mountain region, Into the Woods Vibez and Sage Advice Shimmerz in the tree portion of the page, For Shore Creameez and Silver Fox Shimmerz in the water part of the cut file & Sheer Bliss Inklingz int he Sun section of the circle!


I love the cute dotz, and they're versatile for so many types of projects. Here I paired the dotz with some die cut foliage atop one of the journaling cards from the Kitz.



The tiny buttons inspired me to create textured clouds! I used the buttons, as well as sequins and gems from my stash to fill in the three clouds on the cut file.

And can we talk about this cut file?!


This is TOTALLY my jam, and it can be used with so many types of layouts!
Outdoor adventures
Picturesque landscapes
Holiday photos
<Insert your own adventure here!>

I love the cut files because you can customize them to the size you prefer. You could also isolate only a portion of the scene for a unique take on the file.


Definitely don't forget the gesso with all of these shiny, shimmery goodness.



You can find a process video for this page on my YouTube channel.

Grab your January Color Kitz before they're out & a new kit is stocked for February!


xoxo, Natalie



No comments: