Friday, December 27, 2019

Santa Claus is in Town! with Process Video | Niki Rowland


Hey everyone, Niki here with you today with a festive layout using lots of fun Shimmerz Paints!
There is a process video for this layout that can be viewed at the end of this blog post.

I started off by using a stencil and applying Tutti Fruitti Dazzlerz texture paste onto my white background. I left that to dry and then started applying a mixture of Inklingz and Creameez paints.


I used five colours on my background:

I tried to apply them using the packaging technique but this didn't really work because of the texture paste already on the background. I therefore used a paintbrush and added the colour that way. I then sprayed water directly onto the layout and let it run.


I added splatters and left my background to dry. I then coloured some white die cuts. I put Jolly Green Giant and Blue Lagoon onto a craft sheet and added water. I then dipped the tree die cuts into the liquid paint. I did the same with the houses but with Pink a Boo and Strawberry Fields.


I then assembled my layout with my photos and all the die cuts. I doodled around the die cut trees ad also doodled aroumd some of the texture paste snowflakes in the background.


I cut a big chunk out of the right side of the layout and added some patterned paper behind it. I also added pink pom pom trim which I stitched in place using my sewing machine. I also stitched through my title to keep the letters in place.

Here's another look at the finished layout:

Thank you so much for joining me today, I hope you have enjoyed my layout and you can also see the process video below.


Don't forget that if you place an order via the Shimmerz Store, put my name in the comments to receive a freebie!

Happy scrapping
Niki xx

https://www.instagram.com/nikiclaire/




No comments: