Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Shimmerz October Color Challenge with Samantha Robles

Good morning everyone! This month, our Shimmerz Teams have been hard at work trying something new. Something completely out of our comfort zone. We try to do these challenges during seasonal changes so we're not so focused on the bright vibrant colors, but more the neutral transitional colors. More of something that intimidates us. So far, our team has kicked butt sharing their projects. Now, it's my turn!

 Purples are my least used color. Purple just never has been my jam to use. So I chose "Imperial Amethyst" Inklingz. It's a dark purple watercolor with shimmer added. I totally underestimated this color. HOLY WOW!
I started by taking a whole sheet of watercolor cardstock and just dowsed my jar of Imperial Amethyst and Good as Gold Inkingz, as well as Berry Hot Creameez. I mean I just took the jar and put is under the water and just let it full up in the jar. I then let it set maybe 2 minutes so it can really penetrate the whole jar of paint. 
Once that's done, I take my spray bottle of water and dowse my page in water. Not soaking but enough to get little puddles going. At this point, my jars of Berry hot and Imperial are ready to pour onto the water. Taking my heat tool, I then spread my Imperial Amethyst first. Once that's done, we repeat those steps with Berry Hot. Giving it a watercolor gem feel. Just make sure your colors don't get muddy. Really get each spot 85% dry before adding the next color. The final part of the color process is splattering Good as Gold through the sheet.

While my sheet is settling and drying, I then take a sheet of white cardstock and cut a basic heart shape. This page was made with my husband and I's vow renewal in mind so I want all the love pouring out of this page! I then take my hot glue gun and glue both sheets together. Once a page has been saturated as much as mine was, I just extra hold. so the weaker paper can be supported more on  the top sheet.

I then start adding some Pink Paislee flowers from the Paige Taylor Evan's collection "Whimsical". I will forever love those flowers. My all time favorites! I also have some Shimmerz Paints Dotz: Blooming Budz Set. This set is so feminine and sweet. I have like 3 packages stashed away. I used some of these letter stickers from the Pink Paislee Paige Taylor Evans Collection: "Truly Grateful". The colors match PERRRRFECTLY! Love love love. The final piece is the journaling portion on the side. I'm HORRIBLE at having a steady hand but I'll take it.
I have to say, my new favorite is now Imperial Amethyst. I'm truly blown away at how you can add more layers of this color and it becomes even more breath taking. I HIGHLY suggest adding this one to your Shimmerz stash. Thanks for joining me today. Don't forget to add my name to the bottom of your order comments when you check out for a freebie. Who doesn't love freebies?! 

Have the best week <3
-Samantha

No comments: