Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Shimmerz Fall Foilage

Hey Shimmerz fanz! I hope you are having a wonderful week. Ericka here with a fall card I made using some gorgeous Shimmerz paints.

So this month we have a Shimmerz Team Color Challenge going on. The goal was is to challenging ourselves to pick a color to use on our projects that we might not typically use.  I choose So Sappy, which at first I thought was a light brown color but when you layer it you get a soft orange-ish/gold hue as well.



I love these colors together and the So Sappy in the background is so pretty.


I stamped my leaves from Reverse Confetti's Fall Foliage, on watercolor paper and masked off the top and bottom sections to get a clean line. I used clear embossing powder over the Versfine ink so that my lines on my leaves would remain crisp.
I then painted my leaves with the following Shimmerz products: Pumpkin, Crimson Tide, and Bumble Bee. I added a little bit of the other colors to the leaves to give them a fall color changing look. Once the leaves were dry, I used So Sappy Shimmerz for the background.

 Once my paints were dry, I went over the background with some black paint splatters and then removed the tape and added some black pen lines to define my background.



 That's all for me today. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget if you make a purchase on our new website, type in ERICKA in the comments and you'll receive a freebie with your order!







No comments: