Saturday, September 7, 2019

Shimmerz Fall Leaves | Ericka Strange

Hello Shimmerz fanz! Who is ready for some fall weather? I am, but unfortunately I also live in Houston, Texas so we're still at 100˚F with no fall weather in sight. But one can dream and play in the A/C craftroom, so it feels a little like fall.

Ericka here and today I have two cards I made with Vibez sprays and some fall leaves from Crackerbox & Suzy Stamps.


For my first card, I used the Vibez sprays as ink. I first spritzed a little spray on my craft mat and then picked up the color with my stamp.


I love the look and it reminds me of doing crayon leaf rubbings when I was young. The Vibez Mustard Seed is my favorite and I love the gold shimmer it has. Once my leaves were dry, I used a little Distress Oxides on the edges in Antique Linen and Espresso.




For my second card, I sprayed the Vibez on some watercolor paper making sure to let each color dry completely before spraying another one. This just helps the colors not to get muddy and blend into each other too much.


Once my background was dry, I used Versamark ink and Brutus Monroe Penny Shimmer embossing powder on my leaves.


Just look at the sparkle these Vibez give any background.


Here are the Vibez products I used: Mustard Seed, Mango Tango, Razzeldazzle Berry, and Princess.

Thanks for stopping by and if you would like more details on how I created my card, feel free to check out my blog Strangely Creative.  Remember that typing code ERICKA in the comments section of your Shimmerz Paints store order will earn you a fun FREEBIE!


No comments: