Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Happy Adventure

 Dark background and fussy cut florals? Yes, please! I love the look floral bunches as faux photo corners. Pair that with Shimmerz on dark patterned paper and you’ve got one gorgeous layout!

     I love using dark backgrounds because they make everything pop! I selected this dark blue paper from Paige Evans Horizon collection and added some Pixie Dust (Blingz) by using the packaging technique and splatters, focusing the mixed media slightly to the right side of the layout. Then I added the text paper (also from Paige Evan Horizon) and used the same techniques only with Caribbean Sunset. Afterwards, I tore an opening on the left side and back it with some of the text paper to add another cluster area.

     I set my background aside and got to making my florals. I love fussy cutting flowers and then layering them unto a layout because they just add so much in terms of color, texture and dimension. For these I used 3 different stamp sets and black archival ink; 2 by Altenew and 1 by Maggie Holmes. For my yellow flowers, I colored some white cardstock with Lil’ Yellow School Bus (Coloringz), Tuscan Sun (Spritz), Meet Me @ Sunset (Inklings), and Dandy Lion (Creameez). I made my blue butterflies by making brushstrokes of Boggie Boardin’ Blue (Creameez), Tickle Me Turquiose (Shimmerz), and Corney Flower Blue (Inklingz) on some light blue cardstock. I stamped some leaflets on some green cardstock that I colored with Green Goddess (Inklingz), Jilted Jade (Shimmerz), and Pinin’ For You (Creameez). Finally for my pink flowers, I used hot pink cardstock, stamped it with embossing ink, poured white embossing powder on top and then set it with my heat gun. Once everything was thoroughly dry, I went to town fussy-cutting.

Once my background and florals were dry and prepped, I backed my picture con some white cardstock and layered some patterned paper from Paige’s Horizon collection. I popped this paper cluster on some craft foam and placed slightly to the left of where the two patterned papers meet. Then I spent some time fiddling with the placement of the flowers and, once I was satisfied with the look, I began sticking everything down and popped certain embellishments and flowers on 3D tape. Mixed in a couple of florals, stickers, enamel hearts from the Horizon collection. Placed the chipboard title beneath my picture, added some sequins from Spiegel Mom Scraps (Freezin’ Season), and added a few splatters of Marigold (Shimmerz) to tie everything together.



I loved how this turned out!! If you liked any of the colors you saw me use, you can find them all @ www.shimmerzpaints.com.

Want a freebie? Write my name in the comments section of your order to receive some free paint!

Thank you so much for looking and I hope you are inspired to create a layout like this!

-        Lorimar


No comments: