Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Paradise Found with the Missy Whidden Color Kitz | Natalie Dill

I am so excited to have my first Shimmerz project on the blog today using the Missy Whidden Color Kitz - August Edition!



- 2oz bottle of Plum Pudding Spritz
- jar of Pining For You Creameez
- jar of Beets Me Inklingz
- jar of an exclusive new color: Rita on the Rock Shimmerz
- package of three exclusive Dotz: "Paradise Party"
- exclusive hibiscus cut file created by Paige Taylor Evans

I had so much fun using this gorgeous color combination to create a Hawaiian layout! You can find the entire process video on my YouTube channel.

I cut the gorgeous, intricate cut file on gold metallic cardstock. I backed the flowers with vellum painted with the Beets Me and Plum Pudding. It paired so gorgeously with the DOTZ!


I used a small dotted stencil to apply texture paste down the middle of my 9x12 layout, and then I patch painted in the Pining for You & Rita on the Rocks greens and let them fully dry before applying the Plum Pudding and Beets Me colors, so as not to create a muddied color palette.


The colors are so vibrant, only minimal embellishment was needed to complete the layout. I let the Plum Pudding be the star of the show by letting the purple bleed out of the texturized rectangle & using it to color the word "paradise" in my title.


Even though the cut word gave me fits (probably because I was impatient and didn't let it fully dry), I love how the color dried darker around the edges, giving a natural emphasis around the title!


Embellishing with gold glitter and gold foil really gave this tropical layout the lush feeling I was craving!


Those Dotz are just the cutest and match perfectly with the Kitz colors! I love the versatility of the cut file. Changing the type of paper its cut on, or the size it is cut can be a super fun way to create a variety of styles on multiple pages using only one file!


Pop over and get your Missy Whidden Color Kitz: August Edition today, as there aren't many left! They're such a fun way to build your mixed media stash with some creative direction and inspiration starting points!




No comments: