Sunday, August 11, 2019

Missy Whidden Color Kitz: The August Edition with Paige Taylor Evans

I created a new layout to share with you today using the Missy Whidden Color Kitz: The August Edition and an exclusive hibiscus cut file I designed to go along with it!
Riverfront Spokane by Paige Evans
- 2oz bottle of Plum Pudding Spritz
- jar of Pining For You Creameez
- jar of Beets Me Inklingz
- jar of an exclusive new color: Rita on the Rock Shimmerz
- package of three exclusive Dotz: "Paradise Party"
- exclusive hibiscus cut file created by me!
I started by cutting the cut file from textured white cardstock using a Silhouette Cameo 3 and then placed it onto another textured white cardstock background. Then I applied white gesso across the entire thing and let it dry.
 Once dry, I added all the Shimmerz from the August kit, plus one more color - Pink Stilettos Coloringz. I sprayed the background with water to let the colors blend and move and do their thing then set it aside to dry.
 I tried peeling the hibiscus off the mat but it was totally ripping and peeling off the colors. Oopsies! Time to think of a plan B! I die cut the hibiscus again and simply glued it on top, slightly off-set. I like the contrast this provides and you can see the textures peeking from behind.
 I added a photo of Jane tucked into the top and placed two of the three August kit Dotz by the photo. To finish I used the mini foam Thickers from my Whimsical collection to create the title and wrote journaling with a purple pen below.
 This layout only took about an hour to make! That's so fast for me and I LOVE it when that happens.
I hope you are inspired to check out the Missy Whidden Color Kitz: The August Edition along with the hibiscus cut file I designed exclusively for this kit! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: