Friday, August 9, 2019

Upsidedown with Process Video | Niki Rowland


Hi there Shimmerz Fans, Niki here today with a layout I had so much fun creating. There is a process video for this layout too which can be viewed below.

I started off by putting beautiful stars all over my white background. I used Puttin' on the Glitz Dazzlers through one of the beautiful new Paige Evans Stencilz, 'Star Confetti'.


Once my stars were dry, I used three colours of Creameez and Inklingz to create the water colour strips. The colours I used are:
 I used a wide paint brush to apply the paint. I added lots of water to make the paint colour run a little. Once dry I then added lots of splatters in the same colours.


When my background was dry, I then built the rest of the layout on top. I added various paper layers - trying not to cover up too much of my background! I also added some cute pom pom trim. I added my photo and lots of embellishments, mostly by Vicki Boutin Color Kaleidescope collection.


I then added my title. I used the Shimelle Sparkle City Thickers for See the World, but I stuck them first onto white cardstock. I then cut them out so there was a small white border around the words. I also added other Thickers for 'Upsidedown', which I actually placed upsidedown to mimic the subject of my photo! I doodled around some of the stars on the background and also around some of the paint splatters.


I hope you've enjoyed this layout today. There is a process video that you can view below.

Happy scrapping xxx








No comments: