Saturday, August 24, 2019

Floral Thanks



Hello All!  Lee Ann here;  I am excited to be sharing my first official Shimmerz Paints blog post!


This background came together super easy.  I selected two colors that complimented
each other and then I got messy!


I started white gesso and a credit card.  I loaded the credit card up at the narrow end and then very lightly, in an almost flat (along the paper) position, I pulled the credit card/gesso down the water color paper I was working with.  I did this several times.  This leaves streaks of gesso on your paper.  This will add lovely texture and color variation to the painted panel.
 Once dry, I brushed on some water across the top of the panel.  Then I applied  Key Lime Shimmerz paint and held the paper upright, allowing the Key Lime Shimmerz paint to drip.  I added more paint and water to get the drips until I got the desired effect.
Next, I covered the Key Lime Shimmerz paint across the top and spritzed on the Well Blue Me Down Coloringz just below it.  I uncovered the top of the card and spritzed on some water, allowing the Well Blue Me Down Coloringz to drip and mix in with the Key Lime Shimmeringz.  This created a wonderful blend of color and shine. When I had the desired effect, I dried the watercolor paper with the heat gun.


Once dry, I splattered on some Key Lime Shimmerz and Well Blue Me Down Coloringz.
My flowers, from Sweet n Sassy Stamps, were colored with Copics and fussy cut out.  I die cut the
background panel with a scalloped rectangle frame and stamped the sentiment in Versafine black ink.  The scalloped frame portion was flipped for interest and popped up on dimensional tape.


I hope I have inpired you with my project!  Thank you for checking it out! 

If you place a Shimmerz order, enter my name, LEE ANN,  in the comments to receive 
a Shimmerz freebie!  


No comments: