Wednesday, April 10, 2019

3 Ways to use a Cut File for Cards | Ericka Strange

Happy Wednesday! I hope your week has been going well and you have had a chance to get creative.  Ericka here, and I have three examples of ways you can use cut files on your cards. Today I'm using the beautiful April Missy Whidden Color Kit and the butterfly cut file included in it.  





http://www.shimmerzpaints.com/shop.php#!/Color-Kitz-The-Missy-Whidden-April-Kit/p/134925682/category=33206055


For this glittery butterfly card, I placed double stick adhesive on one side of the the paper and then proceed to use the cut file in my Silhouette machine, sizing it to fit on an A2 card. Once it was finished cutting, I removed the adhesive on the butterfly portion and used glitter to cover the sticky adhesive.


I made quick background using Bristol Smooth paper and adding color to a scrap piece of plastic and smooshing the color on the paper. I let each layer dry and then added more color to get darker areas.

I glued the cut file onto the base and then added this sentiment from Reverse Confetti.
For my second card, I used the cut file on vellum that I also added double sided adhesive.



I used Shimmerz Bumble Bee and 1 Hot Mama Creameez for the background on watercolor paper. It's difficult to get a good picture of the texture that the vellum cut file gives to the card but here is a closer look.

I added some black Nuvo Drops and a sentiment that with some Antique Linen Distress Ink to the card. I finished it with a beautiful butterfly Dotz in a matching color.



For my third card, I used the cut file on some heavy cardstock and then used it as a stencil.



I sprayed the Vibez on the cardstock and then let the pattern dry.




This was a quick fun card that I added a Reverse Confetti Butterfly to with some blue sequins. I love the shimmer the Jeni B Bleu adds to any project.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful week! If you want to know more about the products I used feel free to stop over at my blog Strangely Creative.

Don't forget if you place an order with Shimmerz Paints to mention my name, Ericka Strange, in the comment section of the order for a fun freebie!

http://www.shimmerzpaints.com/shop.php

Shimmerz Paints Products Used:

Shimmerz Paints - Color Kitz: The Missy Whidden April Kit
Color Kitz: 
The Missy Whidden April Kit
Shimmerz Paints - Vibez - Jeni B Bleu
Vibez - Jeni B Bleu

Shimmerz Paints - Creameez - 1 Hot Mama
    Creameez - 1 Hot Mama
Shimmerz Paints - Shimmerz - Bumbly Bee
Shimmerz - Bumbly Bee

No comments: