Thursday, April 11, 2019

Spring has Sprung with Samantha

Hi friends! I'm so excited to finally be back in the Shimmerz seat and sharing my newest layout with everyone.
Here in Idaho, it's been a WET WET Spring so far. I've been daydreaming of bright blossoms and sweet smelling trees for weeks. So if you can't force the rain to stop, you make your own Spring. 

I started with a plain 12x12 watercolor sheet of cardstock. Just some good old Hobby Lobby brand paper. Because everyone needs a reason to go to Hobby Lobby, am I right? ;)
I got a little out of my comfort zone and used some plastic packaging I had sitting around. I did 3 sprays of each color onto the packaging:
* Sweet Heart Vibez
*Pink Stiletto Coloringz
*Jeni B Blue Vibez
*Oh Say Can U Sea Coloringz
*Chick-a-dee Spriz
*Mustard Seed Vibez
*Don't Citron Me Coloringz

After I got all my colors sprayed on, I took my paper to the plastic and did a stamp like motion to it. Really press the color in there to give it a bigger affect, then gently peel the plastic off. I'm an overly cautious scrapper, so I let my paper sit over night to get 100% naturally air dried.
I then finally used this adorable cut file from HandiPaper I've been hoarding for a couple of weeks. A perfect POP for Spring. I then took some floral ancient pieces from the Paige Evans Whimsical Collection and placed them where my heart desired. 
The photo is of my little boy last Spring.

 I'm almost giddy about how fun this page was. These colors are my go to's for all my bright projects. The sprays are POWERFUL. One spray and that color will pop out at midnight. I had fun sharing with you today. Keep it Shimmery!

No comments: