Monday, December 10, 2018

"Merry Christmas" Scrapbooking Layout | Simone Schermann


Hi Shimmerz friends, it's Simone again with my last 12x12 layout as a member of the Shimmerz Education Team. I had a fabulous year working with the amazing Shimmerz products and loved every minute with you all! Things didn't go so well with my layout this month. I started out with this brilliant idea in mind, but it just didn't translate well onto paper and so after I had pushed through and had finished, I decided I needed to start over. So I salvaged some essential parts and the photo cluster and tried again. I'm very happy that I decided to use a different background and only use four of the mixed trees.


The mixed media trees are cut from green cardstock using a free cut file from the Paper Issues store and then dipped in different paints and splattered on. I had created a whole bunch of them for my first idea this is shown in the video and I love how the different shades of green make the flat trees look more dimensional.


For the title I used gold glitter thickers, I wasn't sure at first if that was a good idea because some of the paints had a very silvery shimmer. As you can see, the shimmer doesn't clash at all. I order to justify the gold I added some gold splatters as well as gold enamel dots.



Here is a link to my process video on youtube. Where you can see part of the disaster layout and then the change of plan. If you place an order in the Shimmerz Store, don't forget to mention my name Simone in the comments at checkout to receive a free mini surprise product! Thanks for stopping by today!

SUPPLIES:
Shimmerz - Evergreen, Jilted Jade, Blue Grass
Coloringz - Well Blue Me Down
Spritz - 4 Leaf Clover
Creameez - Sage It Isn't So, Pining For You
Vibez - Glorious Day, Deep Blue Sea

1 comment:

Emma said...

This festive season is so much more than Christmas parties and gift giving. May your Christmas be filled with the true miracles and meaning of this beautiful time. Christmas Facebook Covers