Thursday, October 11, 2018

October Color Challenge with Nicole Kerr


Happy fall Shimmerz Fans!

Nicole here and today I'm sharing my project for the October Color Challenge!
If you haven't heard, team members were to choose one color to focus on for a project this month and then create a fall project using that color. The color I chose to focus on is the new original Shimmerz paints So Sappy. Such a gorgeous color to use in so many ways, but I chose to use it to paint cornstalks! Here's a quick overview of my finished project:


 I can't even begin to explain how much fun this was! It was definately a challenge, but it got me out of my recent creative "rut!"  It made me focus on one thing...which sometimes can be a challenge in itself when we, as crafters, can be overwhelmed with all kinds of products on the market.  I think it  was focusing on just that one product and forcing myself out of my comfort zone that got the ideas flowing!

I used water color paper that I had in my stash and took several days, almost a week and a half (eek!), and just took my time sketching my cornstalks to get the right placement (with the right color) so the corn itself would be the focal point above my photo.  Once the background was painted and dry, I just grabbed a few random embellishments from my stash that would compliment the fall colors in this layout.  I didn't want to add too much and take away from the background that I spent so much time on creating.  Here are a few closeups of my final layout:







Here's a list of the colors that I used on this project:
Shimmerz So Sappy
Shimmerz pip Pip Cherry-O
Shimmerz Bumbly Bee
Shimmerz Coffee
Creameez Sky's The Limit (for a pale blue sky around the cornstalk)

Thanks so much for joining me today!
I encourage you to try the challenge yourself and tag Shimmerz on social media!
Can't wait to see what you create!




1 comment:

Ericka Strange said...

Love the corn and the shimmer! So pretty and fun with the pop of red. Great job!