Friday, October 12, 2018

My Favorite Season | Ericka Strange

Hello Shimmerz fan! It's Ericka here and I'm playing along with the October Design Team Challenge. For this challenge we had to pick one color to focus on for a fall project. Talk about tough choices but in the end I chose Royal Purple Shimmerz.


I made two fall cards using this gorgeous color along with some complementing Shimmerz colors.


For my first card, I used the Lacey Leafs from Concord & 9th and heat embossed them in gold on Yupo paper.  The Yupo paper isn't as absorbent as watercolor paper and allows you to move the color around longer. I randomly put the Royal Purple and Ultra Marine Shimmerz paint on the leaves and  used some water to move the colors around.


I then used a wet brush on the background and put a light wash of the Royal Purple and Ultra Marine on it along with a little Vibez Glorious Day for some gold shimmer.


For my second card I used the same stamp set with the same colors but on watercolor paper.

I love the different look on the watercolor paper and the shimmer really shows through.  After heat embossing the image in gold, I put the the Shimmerz colors on the leaf, I lightly misted it to give it a softer look. I then used the Royal Purple to give a light wash to the background and a little Glorious Day for some gold shimmer.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful fall day! 


Below is a list of the Shimmerz products I used or check out my blog Strangely Creative for more products. 
Shimmerz Paints - Shimmerz - Ultra Marine
Shimmerz - Ultra Marine
Shimmerz Paints - Shimmerz - Royal Purple
  Shimmerz - Royal Purple
Shimmerz Paints - Vibez - Glorious Day
Vibez - Glorious Day






http://strangelycreative.com/2018/10/12/royal-purple-shimmerz



No comments: