Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Travel Far and Wide


Hi everyone! Melissa here with a page for Shimmerz Paints! What a pleasure to work with these rich, delicious paints to express my love of the colors in this photo. 



To make this page I used watercolor paper for both the mat, and the background.









I stenciled on texture paste with a credit card. I arranged chipboard around the photo, prepped it with gesso, and applied paint. I put on a thick layer of Clear Rock Candy Crackle, and topped it with more paint,gesso, and gold mica powder.




I put a thin layer of paint over a lot of the page, but then wound up painting over a lot of it with gesso,things just got too busy.




To add visual interest I added the following: several little poppy flower stamps from Shimmerz stamps, tulle, cheesecloth,lichen, dried flowers,birch bark, embroidery floss, pearls, mica flakes, metal glitter,glass glitter, rhinestones, charms, rub ons, metal, seed beads, micro beads,dry embossing powder,sequins, and more. As I added things, I brushed on Shimmerz around to tie them in with page.



To the right of the metal I added clear glass glitter to wet paint. The glitter kind of drew the paint close to it.


Here's a list of colors I used
Inklingz:

Shimmerz:

Vibez:

Creameez

Stamps

Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!

Remember if you write my name in the comments section when you order, you can get a surprise freebie!









No comments: