Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Mixed media album tutorial | Rocío López

Hi!!


Rocío here with my first blog post and process video for Shimmerz Paints as part of their YouTube Education Team. I can't beleive it yet! I am so happy to be in this amazing team and to have the opportunity to share with you projects using the freakin' awesome paints from Shimmerz!! 


For my first project I've created a mixed media mini album from a little travel I made last summer. The vibrant colors of the paints are just perfect for any project but I think match perfectly with the hot and colors of summer time. 


As you can see, I got so much fun with the cover and I recycled two pieces of cardboard from a box to create the front and back covers.

I removed the first layer of the cardboard to see the part with "waves" and then I applied a coat of gesso. After that, was the fun part, time to use the paints and create that colorfull front cover.


I use a few collections from Pretty Little Studio but I had to add a little bit of color in some papers.



I also love stamps so I used them with Shimmerz to create a beautiful and shimmery background in two pages. 


The album has different sizes of pages, I think that makes it funnier. Also, I added a few pages using acetate as base.




To decorate the acetate pages I used Dazzlerz with stencils and I love the outcome! The texture is super smooth and easy to apply. 


I have to tell you I had so much fun creating the page you can see above and, actually, this was the first page I made for the album, using a thin washi tape to create the geometric design. 


One technique I adore so much is to use a straw and blowing through it to create a background easily but very pretty and funny. This is one of my favorite pages! 

And I would love to show you all the pages but, I think that will be the never ending story, so I let you with the process video and you can see the entire mini album in it. 



SUPPLIES 

VIBEZ: Deep Blue Sea, Rose Gold Red.
SHIMMERZ: Magenta, Sunny, Evergreen, Peacock's Plume. 
INKLINGZ: Lover's lips, Green Goddess. 
DAZZLERZS: Lemon Drop, Tuti Frutti, Sea U in the mornin'

Thank you so much for stopping by! 

No comments: