Saturday, February 10, 2018

'Six Years' Scrapbook Layout | Suzanna Stein

Hey there mixed media pals, Suzanna here! I'm back today with another scrapbook layout using some of my favorite Shimmerz products. I'm a huge fan of adding a mixed media element into my scrapbook layouts, and this layout is one of my favorites I've created to-date!


I started out by prepping my page with a few different shades of Creameez. I chose colors that paired well with my photo and the other paper elements/embellishments I would be using.

Using a watercolor brush, I created small flower-like blobs of Creameez colors around the area my photo would be. I made sure the colors would spill out from behind my photo, creating a "mixed media matte" for the photo and paper elements.


After getting my colors just right, I went in with Paste-eez Puttin' On The Glitz. Using a craft sponge, I dabbed this over the dried Creameez to give additional shimmer and dimension to my layout!


I finished off the layout with some clustered spatters of Spritz Chance of Rain. This color pulled the layout together so well, and I just love the way it finished it off!

Like I said, I really love the way this layout turned out. It was also a good reminder to myself that mixed media can be simple, just like it can be more complex. Each project is different and I really enjoy trying various techniques with each new project.

I hope this gave you some inspiration for bringing mixed media into your scrapbook layouts! I'll be back later this month with another messy and fun project!

xo, Suzanna



No comments: