Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Coloring with Sprays | Rubeena I

Hello, Rubeena here from A Rare Ruby with my another post as Creative Design Team member! In today's post, I will be focusing on the pigmented sprays that are carried by Shimmerz Paints, including Vibez, ColoringzSpritz, and Shimmeringz.

I created three cards that feature loose coloring.

For my first card, I heat embossed an image from Neat and Tangled's Dazzling stamp set with white embossing powder. Sprays create a wonderful resist against the embossing. I sprayed various inks in rainbow order and gave it some time to dry. I stamped the sentiment from A-Mazing in black ink and propped it onto my white cardbase with a strip of black and white pattern paper.

IMG_5724 IMG_5725

For my second card, I stamped Pinkfresh Studio's Floral Background with black ink onto watercolor cardstock. I sprayed different inks to "color" the florals and leaves. Once that dried, I added a white heat embossed sentiment from My Favorite Things' All Smiles and a strip of black and white pattern paper again. This creates a wonderful contrast to the bright colors!

IMG_5720 Shimmerz Feb

My last card, I spritzed some of the sprays onto a palette and used my watercolor brush to color this gold heat-embossed image from Wplus9's Blooming Bouquet: Ranunculus. With a sentiment and some splatters and a strip of gold glitter cardstock, this was another breezy card!

IMG_5715 Shimmerz Feb

Sprays are wonderful for backgrounds, whether subtle or otherwise. I hope this gives you some other ideas of how to stretch the use of your pigmented sprays. These cards have a gorgeous shimmer to them and do not smudge once dry.

I love learning new ways to use my mediums. How do you use your pigmented sprays? If you place an order, don't forget to mention my name Rubeena in the notes to get yourself a freebie! Thanks for stopping by! Until next time.

SUPPLIES

Vibez: Glorious Day, Rose Gold Red, Snow Way Man, Grape Escape
Coloringz: A Shade of Gray, No Yoking, Oh Say Can U Sea, Heidi Ho Blue
Spritz: Chick-a-dee, Cotton Candy, Plum Pudding, Caribbean Sunset, Leaf Clover, Ruby, Bamboo Leaf
Shimmeringz: Godlie Lox, Concrete


No comments: