Sunday, November 26, 2017

Autumn Enchantment Junk Journal by Joyce



Hello my fellow Shimmerz Sirens!


I’ve got a new junk journal to share with you today featuring lacy bits, embellishments made with Shimmerz Paints products, some pattern dress paper, pages from the Edith Holden’s nature books, ephemera, and lots of other artsy stuff we like.

I put together a little slide show on my new You Tube channel and you can find it here.



Or, if you like, you can browse through some of the photos I have included in this blog post, and I’ll share the products I used too.

I didn’t realize that by combining Shimmerz Candlelight and a Spritz that I could achieve a little element that looks like metal, or resin.  I think adding a little foam pop up underneath the leaf helped give the leaf some dimension. I just loved how these die-cut leafs turned out, and they fit perfectly on a medium sized metal rim tag.  So here’s how you can achieve that look too: 


With a toothpick, apply Shimmerz Candlelight over the die-cut and try not to cover the outer borders too much. Then while the product is still wet, dip your paint brush in the Spritz and apply to one side of the die-cut and let the products merge. Gently push some of the Spritz to the other side of the die-cut, but sparingly.   I like to apply most of the Spritz to one side of the leaf. When dry, apply a watercolor pencil to areas you want to enhance and let it dry. With a small ink pad, gently pat around the outer of the edges to darken them a little. And, finally I added some Blingz Gold to the outer edges on the metal rim to age the tag up even more You’re done! Easy, right?  Pssst...doesn't that crusty, bitty gold Blingz around the metal rim look good? I love it!
 

What I like about the post cards below are that the Paste-Eez applied over a stencil makes the pattern stencil look like an authentic dried leaf.


The Maple Leaf embellishment (see below) details were posted in an early blog post here on the blog if you want to try them out too.



Thanks for letting me share my new journal with you, and I sincerely hope you try out these products to create your own embellishments.









No comments: