Saturday, June 10, 2017

Easy & Textured Cityscape Art Journal Page | Zinia Amoiridou


Hello artsy friends! It's Zinia here and today I'm back to share with you a really easy and full of texture art journal page I created using my Shimmerz pastes.

Before we get into the process let's take a look at our palette.


The products I'm using today are:
  • White & Black Gesso
  • Paste-eez in Baby Boy Blue, Tree Hugger & Raspberry Sherbet
  • Dazzlerz in Sea U in the Mornin', Foiled Again (mixed with a few drops of Distress Oxide in Cracked Pistachio) & Pucker Up Pink
  • Texturez in Crushed Coral, Gold Mine & Maroon Over Miami (this last color won't really make it to the final page but it is in my initial palette)
  • Shimmeringz in Heavy Metal
  • Vibez in Glorious Day
  • Coloringz in Well Blue Me Down


We are going to start on a primed page. Make sure to evenly cover the whole page with a thin layer of gesso. Then we are going to start adding intuitive brush strokes using a big flat brush.

For the first layer, I started by adding some building with black gesso and darker colors so my lighter shades will have a nice ground to sit on.


As I started moving forward I decided to tint my background with some sprays. I randomly sprayed over my page till I was happy with how everything looked. To help the drying process, I blotted some areas with a towel and accidentally left some marks on the paste that wasn't completely dry yet.

I liked that look so much that I intentionally pressed my towel on top of different areas to add even more texture.


After that I continued adding my buildings but this time I switched my brush for a palette knife. The effect you get with the palette knife is completely different and definitely worth it. I really loved how the color of the Texturez skipped at some areas when I applied it with this way.


While working on this page my brain malfunctioned for a bit and for some reason I decided that the front buildings should be smaller than the ones behind. I only realized that when I was editing my video but you know what, I'm really glad I did it this way. There's no rule that says that my art journal pages have to be realistic! Same goes for you. Never worry if you create something out of the ordinary, as long as you enjoy the process and have fun, there are no mistakes in art journaling.


The final touch was to add some white gesso around the edges with a dry brush to help every thing pop nicely.

Thank you so much for joining me today. I really hope you enjoyed the process of this page. If you got inspired and you want to grab some gorgeous Shimmerz goodies make sure to mention my name "Zinia" at the comment section of your order to receive a FREE Shimmerz product! 





1 comment:

Sue Chesley said...

I love this! Now I want ALL the shimmerz in ALL the colorz🙂