Sunday, February 19, 2017

Cherish These Moments Layout | Katty Miranda

Hello friends! Katty here to share another 12x12 Layout with you all. I love the month of February and all colors associated with this month of "Love." I decided to use a mix of Pinks and Reds to create a fun blend of colors. At first, I wasn't quite sure what I was going to create. I just love playing with all of the fun Shimmerz Paints and blending colors to create a fun look. I am documenting two photos of my adorable niece. She wanted to wear her grandmothers hair curlers. She is just adorable and so full of personality. To document this moment, I wanted to create something fun. In the end, I really love how it turns out.

I began with a white piece of cardstock. I used Coloringz in Pretty in Pink, My Bleeding Heart and Pink Stilettos. I used Vibez in Pop Art Pink, Sweet Heart and My Blushing Bride. I also used a Spritz in Cotton Candy. I used several techniques to create the look I was going for. I sprayed some of the mists, I used the packaging technique and I added splatters with the nozzle. Once I was happy with the blend of colors I also added splatters with Coloringz in Night Moves and Vibez in Glorious Day.

I then used a heart punch and punched out several hearts from the sheet of paper. I also cut out some hearts from tracing paper. I decided to use a 12x12 Heart Cut File from The Cut Shoppe. I didn't use the whole 12x12 piece. I cut some of the hearts from the edges. I backed the cut file with the colored hearts as well as with the hearts I cut out of tracing paper. I added foam to the back of the hearts so that the whole cut file was raised from the background paper.

For the background paper I chose a light wood grain pattern from the Crate Paper Snow and Cocoa Collection. I added my two photos over the cut file.

I embellished very simply using a few pieces from the Crate Paper Heart Day Chipboard sheet. I decided I wanted to add a little more interest to my layout. I used a Heidi Swapp circle stencil and added a few circles in three areas using the new Paste-eez in Puttin' on the Glitz and Raspberry Sherbert.

I added a simple tittle using a white Amy Tangerine Foam word Thicker and some Websters Pages pink tiny alpha stickers. I love how it turned out. 

There is a video on my channel if you'd like to watch my process.

Products used:
Coloringz: Pretty in Pink, My Bleeding Heart, Pink Stilettos, Night Moves
Vibez: Pop Art Pink, Sweet Heart, My Blushing Bride, Glorious Day
Spritz: Cotton Candy
Paste-eez: Puttin' on the Glitz, Raspberry Sherbert

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Remember to mention my name when you place your order and you will receive a FREE product. 

XOXO


No comments: