Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Thrive- A Song Journal Entry By Stephanie


Hello everyone, I’m so happy to be here today! I hope everyone is doing well and having a great day!  I have a fun song journal entry to share with you guys, with a super easy background. Lets dive in a little bit.


This time around I chose to go with the song “Thrive” by Casting Crowns, it’s so good you guys! I have a lot of changes happening in my life right now, so this song really hit home for me the other day when I started listening to the words. This past year or so it has felt like we’ve been  on a roller coaster ride, not necessarily a bad one but things have been moving so quickly and changing just as fast. Now honestly change isn’t always my favorite thing, sometimes it rockets me out of my comfort zone and I feel a little crazy in life. I like routine and structure but am learning that God is usually trying to speak to me through the rocket rides. When I’m saying “but i’m so comfy here where I’m confident in what I do”, He is saying “trust me I have something awesome in store for you.” I am learning to step out of my ordinary and trust where He leads us. Sometimes it’s hard but an adventure with God is a safe bet to happiness even if you have to go through a bit of crazy to get there.

For this page I decided to switch up my background a bit. Instead of doing my usual painted background I chose to pull out my Martha Stewart fringe scissors and cut up some white cardstock strips. I decided to layer them randomly on my page then dropped in some paints here and there for a watercolor droplet look using my Shimmerz Creameez. After that I layered on some stamps. I added my journaling on a piece of patterned paper that I cut into a banner shape.


For my title I used some black letter stickers, I really like the contrast the black letters gave my white background, it just looks crisp to me. After my title was in place I layered on some of the flowers and other goodies from the She Blooms Paper Pieces then the “bloom where you are planted”. To finish off my page I put the song info on a blue chipboard label and scattered some enamels across my pages.
Even though this was a super easy page to create, the texture of the background packs quite a punch. I hope you like it!
Stephanie.
Supply List: Shimmerz Creameez: Daffodil, Piggy Pink, Great Fruit, Trippin' In The Tropics, My Clementine, Just Peachie, Lettuce Get Together, Ride The Tide, Berry Hot, Thunder Storm; Illustrated Faith By Bella Blvd: She Blooms Collection; Bella Blvd: Enamels; Martha Stewart: Fringe Scissors.





No comments: