Thursday, June 4, 2015

Experimenting with Shimmerz Paints - Part One

Hello!  Tina here today, and I am sharing Part One of 2 posts for June!

I've been in a bit of a creative slump lately, so I thought I would just play with some of my favorite Shimmerz products with no end project in mind.

I had been wanted to doodle on black cardstock for some time, so why not now?

I pulled out several shades of Shimmerz Vibez and Spritz and some of my favorite stencils and started playing.  Below are samples of what I created. 

I've noted on each photo the corresponding color.  You can see the subtle differences in shimmer and shade.







I was pleasantly surprised to see how shimmery Vibez and Spritz looked against the black cardstock. 

The play didn't stop there.  I also wanted to experiment with Coloringz Sprays on Yupo paper and Clearprint vellum.  I really love how the sprays reacted with both paper and you will see more of this in the future.

Here's what I created.



This creative play sparked my desire to get artsy, so be sure and stop back later this month for Part Two of my post.  I'll be sharing some finished projects using the above 'experiments'.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day!

Shimmerz Products Used:

Vibez: Pop Art Pink, Taupe of the Morning, Rollin in the Hay, Blue Jeans, Sunset Strip, Grape Escape, Snow Storm, Razzledazzle Berry, Hot Fudge

Spritz: Chick-a-dee, Caribbean Sunset, Sapphire, Bed of Roses

Coloringz: Pretty in Pink, Well Blue Me Down, Don't Citron Me, Mandarin Mai Tai, A Shade of Gray


No comments: