Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Create Life Moments with Amy Prior

Hi everyone! Amy Prior back with you all today to share another couple of projects using lots of gorgeous Shimmerz Paint Products. Don't forget that you can purchase direct from Shimmerz paint store by clicking here. 

First up today I have a scrapbook layout that I have completed in a very Ocean Blue and Aqua Green Tone. Aren't these colours just divine? Of course the layout looked dull without the additional Shimmerz paint goodness.


To start this layout off, I have added some stencilling on the Prima Marketing background paper using a new release Prima stencil and some Shimmerz Barely Blue Dazzlerz paint. I have simply scraped the dazzlerz over the stencil using my palette knife and then quickly removed my stencil and cleaned it well. Once the stencil was clean, I had to act quick to ensure the Dazzlerz wasn't dry yet, so I could sprinkle some Prima Micro Beads over the top to give that stencilling even more fun texture. 


When the Dazzlerz was dry on my background, I decided that I wanted to rip lots of paper chunks out of the background, so I decided to choose a paper that coordinated well with the layout, and then began to rip sections. Because I added the stencilling in a diamond shape rather than square, I have used the stencilling as a guide for my ripping and tearing. I just love this effect, it turned out really cool but I went a little bit overboard and ripped a little too much for my liking so I added some lace under the middle layer before adhering everything back together. I have to say I love the lace more anyway. Like I am always telling people, majority of my greatest ideas are usually total mistakes that I just roll with LOL.


Next up I have added lots of beautiful colour to the background using Shimmerz paints. Firstly I have covered the background with water before adding Shimmerz Creameez in Ride the Tide, Shimmerz Vibez in Jeni B Bleu, Shimmerz Coloringz in Say Can You Sea, Heidi Ho Blue & Keep Palm, plus a touch of Shimmerz Spritz in 4 Leaf Clover. Lots of gorgeous Shimmery goodness covering this background!

The next project that I have to share with you all is a 12x12 Art Journal Album cover. I have had this art journal for a while now and just never got around to playing in it but I really don't know why as it was handmade and is full of the most gorgeous Watercolor Paper! So I have pulled the album apart and started decorating the front cover initially.  


Everytime I draw something on a cover, I am never happy with it so I decided to add a gorgeous Bloom Girl thanks to Jamie Dougherty's Bloom Girl Stencils. I added the stencilling in using some Bead Gel as I really wanted to add lots of texture and depth to the picture although I really do not recommend trying to use bead gel through such an intricate stencil, trust me LOL. When the Bead Gel was dry, I have covered the entire cover and stencilling with a very thin layer of Gesso to prime before adding some White Crackle Paint randomly all over the place. 


I have coloured the Bloom girl in, when the crackle paint was dry, using some Prima Watercolor Pencils. I just adore using watercolor pencils for colouring and you can get such beautiful effects when using them. When I was happy with the watercolor face and hair, I have added some detail using black and white pens. Now that she was all coloured in, I have added some patterned paper and embellishments before adding the final details to everything.


The final step was to add lots of gorgeous Shimmery detail. Firstly, I wasn't really happy with my options of flower colours from my stash so I have sprayed all the flower clusters to coat, firstly with Shimmerz Spritz Treasured Hymn, and secondly with some Shimmerz Shimmeringz in Goldie Lox to give a nice shimmer of gold to go alongside the brown. Next up I have decorated the White letters that spelt Create. I have done this using Shimmerz Spritz in Bed of Roses & Treasured Hymn. I wasn't too happy with the white crackle background being so stark white, so I have added some Shimmerz Coloringz in Don't Be Suede using a paint brush just to the crackled white areas. I have added enough so that the colour soaked into the cracks and then I have rubbed off any excess brown that was a bit too dark, using a baby wipe. Finally I have added some little shimmery details here and there using Shimmerz Shimmeringz in Goldie Lox and Bronzed Bombshell. 


Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to click here to visit the Shimmerz Paint Store if you need to top up your supplies. Want to earn a free gift? Simply place an order in the Shimmerz Paint Store and leave my name "Amy Prior" in the comments to Merchant section when checking out using Paypal. Everyone loves free stuff.

Until next time, happy scrapping!
Amy Prior xx


No comments: