Sunday, March 22, 2015

Going Cuckoo over the Catch of the Day with Amy Prior

Hi everyone! Amy Prior back with you all today sharing some inspiration using Shimmerz Paint Products. Don't forget that you can purchase Shimmerz direct by clicking here

Today I have a couple of projects to share with you. First up is this fun Cuckoo Clock featuring lots of gorgeous Shimmerz Inklingz as well as Blue Fern Studios and Prima Marketing goodies. 


This cuckoo clock started off it's life as a Kaisercraft raw MDF Clock kit. I have actually had this clock in my stash for countless years and finally knew that I wanted to decorate it using the gorgeous Blue Fern Studios Montage Collection of papers.


I have painted all the pieces of the clock in Gesso, added the patterned paper to the backing piece, then stuck everything together. Next I have added some lace to various elements before painting some of the features using Shimmerz Inklingz in Beets Me, Meet Me @ Sunset and Me and Blue. 


I have also painted the Blue Fern Studios Chipboard elements and some paper doilies using these gorgeous Shimmerz Inklings, my fave part about Inklingz is that there is no need to Gesso chipboard etc before applying as the colours are so gorgeous and vibrant and opaque. 


Lots of beautiful flowers and shabby resin adorn the clock to finish it all off. You know I cannot help but add tonnes of flowers to everything LOL. The shabby resin birds were also given some colour using the Shimmerz Inklingz. Finally, to finish off the overall shabby look, I have added lots of Shimmerz Tidy Widy Texurez randomly on the petal tips of flowers and across the entire clock so it kinda looks like snow has fallen randomly. 

Next up I have a quick layout to share with you all featuring my husband. Yes I do throw in a masculine layout once in a while hehehe. No flowers this time but I did add some greenery LOL.


To create this layout I have added lots of water to my black cardstock background, before adding lots of luscious Shimmerz Inklingz in Brass Knuckles and Miner Miner 49er colours into the pools of water that I created.


This is by far my favourite way of using the Shimmerz Inklingz. Letting the water pool together with the colour is a magical thing to watch and it dries in such beautiful puddles. 


The rest of this layout simply includes lots of gorgeous layers of Prima Marketing papers and fussy cut elements. Of course, seen as I simply cannot help myself, I added some greenery instead of flowers but added lots of fussy cut butterflies as well. They totally are not girlie right? They might represent a fishing lure? LOL I will justify it to the bank.


Shimmerz Paint Products used on these projects include:
Beets Me Shimmerz Inklingz
Me and Blue Shimmerz Inklingz
Meet Me @ Sunset Shimmerz Inklingz
Brass Knuckles Shimmerz Inklingz
Miner Miner 49er Shimmerz Inklingz
Tidy Widy Shimmerz Texturez.

Well that is it from me today, hopefully I have inspired you all to get creative with your Shimmerz paint stash. Don't forget to click here to purchase Shimmerz paints direct PLUS if you use my name in the comments section when checking out in Paypal, you will receive a free product of your choice!

Until next time, happy scrapping!
Amy Prior xx

No comments: