Saturday, March 21, 2015

A small canevas with Karine

Karine here today to share with you a quick project done with my new Creameez! I just love this stuff! I wanted to create a small canevas to go in my future new craft room. It came out so quickly that I think I will make two more to create a triptych. Here it is.


The starting point of the canevas was this light (a car light, I was told...). Next, I found that metal ornament to put just underneath. After a coat of gesso, I layered two Creameez colors: Power to the Purple and Ride the Tide.

I used some modeling paste and a stencil to create the paper under my metal ornament. When dry, I used Berry Hot, My Clementine, Ride the Tide and Get Glowing to add color.


After that, I was pretty aware of the final look it will have, so I was able to decide what to do with the background. I used a stencil and some modeling paste.  I glued two metal ornaments and gave a light coat of gesso. Next, I applied the colors: Green Acres, Ride the Tide, Get Glowing, My Clementine and Berry Hot. I also did some splaches of color with my brush loaded with paint in the same colors. A few dots of black Ink, and voila!


You can order beautiful Creameez (or other Shimmerz products) directly from the Shimmerz Paints Store. If you do, don't forget to mention my name (Karine Gagnon) in the «Instruction to Merchant/seller» part of your order form (just below your name and address). After clicking «add», you'll get a FREE product in the color of your choice. 

No comments: