Friday, October 7, 2022

Hey All! MK here sharing a plethora of blues today!

The colors I used for this layout are: Well Blue Me Down; Love Ocean #9, Jeni B Blue; Sapphire; Ahoy Matey; Before Dawn & Don't Rain on my Parade. 




A few other supplies that I used to create this layout: crayons from Vicki Boutin, an older stamp set from my stash, scraps of white paper & ribbon.


I colored 3 areas with 2 of the crayons and the used the packaging technique with Sapphire Spritz to active the colors.  I used a paint brush to apply some more water to get the color to move around where I wanted it.  I'm going to set that off to the side to dry.



While that was drying, I used the packaging technique again to create my own printed papers.  The first paper was created with Ahoy Matey, Before Dawn & Don't Rain on my Parade.  I also did some stamping to create a vein effect using Love Ocean #9, but it doesn;t show very well since I covered most of it with the photo.  The second print I create using Well Blue Me Down, Love Ocean #9 & Jeni B Blue.  I stamped this one with some stars so I can have a stamp off effeet on my layout.


While all my papers were drying, I stamped a few more images and sayings from the stamp set and fussy cut them out to use throughout the layout. 


Once my background was dry, I stamped some images around where my photo was going to go as well as where one of my clusters was going to go.  Whith all that done, I just used the printed paper to back my photos and give me a spot for my title.  Used some foam behind some of the stamped words to give the layout some dimension and tucked the ribbon in two spots for texture.



Thank you for stopping by!  Remember, everytime you put my name in the comment section of your next order, you'll receive a free gift!


Check out my process video here:

https://youtu.be/Aj0p0AOalBE

I'll see you next time for another Shimmerz project!

Check you later!
MK

No comments: