Friday, February 11, 2022

Learn and Grow/February 2022 Color Kitz/Rhonda Reno

 Hello scrappy crafty friends! Today I have a layout to share featuring the February 2022 Color Kitz. This kit is chock full of shimmery goodies and a few extras.


I began this layout with a sheet of heavyweight smooth white cardstock covered in gesso. I decided on the rainbow pattern because of the way I had the backpacks laid out across my page and I think that was a good choice...a bit of serendipity!

 I fussy cut the backpacks from a sheet of patterned paper. I believe it was actually a travel themed patterned paper but the backpacks worked splendidly for my back to school layout. 

I mixed a couple of the colors together to get varying shades and it worked beautifully. The colors this month are absolutely stunning. 

 Once all my paints were dry I made some cuts with my exacto knife in between the rows of colors and did a little distressing and machine stitching to add some extra interest. I layered a sheet of Simple Stories patterned paper behind the distressed cardstock. 

I backed the cut file included in the kit with some vellum so as not to completely cover the pretty paint colors. 

I cut my title and then used the Creameez in "Rednecking" and the Shimmerz in "Sunflower" to give it a two toned color effect. Once it was dry I decided to use some ultra thick embossing enamel to add a little something extra and it turned out amazing.

In the kit you will also receive a sheet of gorgeous epoxy hearts and I used several on this layout as well as 2 of the epoxy flare Dotz that you get in addition to all the beautiful paints.





In this month's kitz you receive:

A brand new color Vibez that is a gorgeous green with just a hint of blue called "Beach Glass"

Vibez in "Before Dawn"

Shimmerz "Sunflower" which is a very golden yellow with loads of shimmer.

Inklingz in "Coral Reef" as the name suggests it's a light coral pink

Creameez in "Rednecking" a personal new favorite of mine...a darker pink with a touch of red.

You also receive an exclusive digital cut file, a sheet of epoxy hearts and a set of Shimmerz exclusive epoxy flare.

I hope I've inspired you to get your own FEBRUARY 2022 COLORKITZ from the Shimmerz shop. And, be sure you head over to the Shimmerz Sharez group on facebook and share your creations because we'd love to see them!


No comments: