Saturday, January 22, 2022

Winter Delight/January 2022 color kitz/Rhonda Reno

 Hello everyone, Rhonda here with a new layout showcasing the beautiful January 2022 Color Kitz collection.
This month's kit is filled to the brim with shimmery goodness and it was an absolute joy to create with.
In this kit you receive 

-Don't Rain On My Parade Vibez

-Pretty In Pink Coloringz

-Corney Flower Blue Inklingz

-Cheeky Pink Creameez

-Peaches & Cream Shimmerz which is a brand new color.

-You also get an exclusive cut file AND a very generous packet of THE most gorgeous glitter!

-And as if all that isn't enough you also get a coordinating set of Shimmerz exclusive epoxy flair.

 

Once I covered my smooth white cardstock with gesso I got out a stencil and some texture paste to create the look of snowy trees. Once the texture paste was dry I started adding color with the Vibez "Don't Rain On My Parade" with a hint of the Inklingz "Corney Flower Blue" and then I used a paint brush and added some snow paste and while that was wet I got heavy handed with the glitter. This glitter is a mixture of fine and chunky with extreme sparkle.



I added several layers behind my photo because two things you'll almost always find on my projects are dimension and texture. For even more interest I added some sparkly tulle behind the photo. It doesn't show up as well in the photographs as it does in person but it definitely satisfied my intended goal. 


For the snowflakes cascading down my page I used all the colors in the kit to create a mixed media background. I then used a Martha Stewart snowflake punch and punched out the snowflake shapes from the mixed media background. Once I had glued them to my page I used the sewing machine to create a messy stitched line down each row of snowflakes. I then used a paintbrush to dab glue onto them randomly and added more of the glitter.


I used the cut file a little differently this month and instead of cutting it with a die cutting machine I printed it out and colored it with the "Peaches & Cream" Shimmerz, "Corney Flower Blue" Inklingz and the "Pretty In Pink" Coloringz.

I also used the "Pretty In Pink" Coloringz and the "Peaches & Cream" Shimmerz for the mixed media along the top of my layout.
The epoxy flair was the perfect finishing touch for my wintry layout.



 

Thank you for stopping by the blog and be sure you head over to the Shimmerz shop and scoop up your January 2022 Color Kitz before they're sold out!

Happy crafting!



No comments: