Friday, September 24, 2021

Our Little Fisherman-September 2021 Colorkitz

 Hi everyone, I'm Rhonda and today I'm sharing a layout using the Shimmerz September 2021 Color Kitz.


I loved every color in this kit so I was super excited to use them. I basically divided my layout into 2 halves creating a mountain/water scene. For the top "mountain" section I used the Vibez in "ocean water" with some Coloringz in "Ahoy Matey". I also added a bit of the Inklingz "pistachio." Once it was dry I used a mountain cut file to add some mountains to the background using some distress ink.

I added some hand sewn clouds in a metallic silver embroidery floss.



For my body of water I used a Paige Evans cut file as a stencil to create some dimensional fish onto my background with texture paste. Once dry I used Creameez in "witches blue" and, again, Coloringz in "Ahoy Matey." Once that was dry I used a small paintbrush to add some silver highlights to each of the textured fis with the Shimmerz "silver bells" which is a stunning shimmery silver. 
I added some machine stitched waves and a few random fish for added texture and dimension.  A few sequins along the waves add just a bit of life to the water.

I also added a few of the foliage stickers that come with the kit. 




I hope you're inspired to purchase your own September 2021 Colorkitz. Happy Scrapping!



No comments: