Friday, June 18, 2021

Sunshine in my Pocket | June Color Kitz | Niki Rowland

 


Hi everyone, it's Niki (@nikiclairecreates) here with you today with a new layout using the June Color Kitz and a process video too. The Kitz comes with five Shimmerz Paints, a pack of exclusive Dotz, customizable die cut tags and an exclusive cut file: I’ve got that Sunshine in my Pocket which is super fun. The Shimmerz Paints colours are: Sapphire Spritz, Powder Puff Spritz, Elfin Magic Vibez, Strawberry Fields Creameez, Great Fruit Creameez. I love these colours so much, they totally remind me of summer!



I started with a sheet of Marshmallow cardstock for my background and then added the five colours of Shimmerz to the background in wide vertical stripes. I started with Sapphire on the right side. I used a wide paintbrush to get this effect but it wouldn’t fit in the bottle, so I poured some of the paint onto a craft sheet and picked it up from there. I did the same with Powder Puff, then Elfin Magic. For the two pink colours of Creameez, I added water to the pots, let them sit for a couple of minutes, then painted directly out of the pot. I left my background to dry then splattered all over it with white acrylic paint. 



I then worked on the cut file. I just wanted the words ‘sunshine in my pocket’ so I trimmed the cut file so I just had the words I wanted. I backed the open words in a red patterned paper from Simple Stories Sunkissed. I then added the cut file title to my layout on the darker pink stripe. I raised it on foam pads for extra dimension.

I also painted the customizable die cut tags with the same colours and set those aside to dry.



I added my two photo to the layout and arranged the painted die cut tags in the same colour areas of the layout. I then carried on with this with the other embellishments I used. I used lots of word labels and I stuck those in the same orientation as the cut file title. I added the three exclusive Dotz to the layout, again in the colour blocking style.



I finished off with some sequins by Spiegelmom Scraps, a few more embellishments and my journaling which I wrote directly onto the painted tags! I really love how this one turned out. Here is another look at the finished layout:

Thank you so much for joining me today and happy scrapping. Don't forget that if you place an order via the Shimmerz store, add my name in the comments to get a little freebie! Enjoy the process video below.








No comments: