Wednesday, April 7, 2021

I'm curly girl by Veronika Senova

 Hello friends, 

my todays layout has a bit funny story behind. I have a super trouper scrappy friend Katka and she came with Idea to challenge each other with receipt for layout. She gave me this:

*Scrap yourself*

*use cut file as a stencil*

*Use violet and yellow*

*use at least three cute animals*

*don't use any circle*

It was kind of tricky for me, because I don't usually scrap myself, I don't like yellow with violet and when when I finally find photos to scrap I was wondering which cute animals will match my pics :D But Game is a game so I put my all time favorite Don't rain on my parade , some violets ( Iris my case & Royal purple )and Corney Flower Blue on the table and started 



First I added clear gesso as usual and then I was looking for some cutfile which I can use as stencil. I wanted to scrap my curly girl journey which is hard and long so when I found "she belived she could so she did" cutfile by Paige Taylor Evans I knew this would be perfect. I cut just outlines and used negative as a stencil with  modeling paste.
I let it dry, then took my brush and chosen Shimmerz and begun to do my magic. 


I wanted to have each line in different color so to achieve this I mixed my shimmers for second and last line. I tried to do smooth shift between colors. I was really happy that I used Gesso before because it was very very  wet. Then I realized that this layout would be perfect for my Shimmerz DT :) After this big idea :D  I started to work on composition of my layout.


 I used 4 collaged photos , I backed them with two patterned papers and used foam to add dimension. I fussycutted roses, butterflies and violet unicorn from Shimmel's Head in the clouds collection and  arranged them around photo. Then I found perfect wooden unicorn on my daughters table and couldn't leave it there :D. I composed my title, add wooden hearts to have balance of wood on my layout, some die cutted leaves,  two small birds to have three animal species ( because i kind of cheated on yellow , so i wanted to be precise on this part of receipt:)  to cover Katka's receipt. As a final touch i added few splatters with Miner, Miner 49er which is musthave of every Shimmerz lover and wrote my journaling. 


And that's it! It was really fun. 
See you by next layout 

Veronika



No comments: