Monday, April 12, 2021

Heritage Layout | Sara Scraps

 Hello Everyone! I'm so excited to be sharing my first project as part of the Shimmerz DT with you today! Quick introduction - My name is Sara. Sara Scraps is the name I go by on most social media platforms. I'm a mother to 2 boys (20 and 14) and 2 dogs (a mini dachshund and a pitbull mix) I've been married to my fabulous husband for 22 years and Ive been scrapbooing for 20 years. 

Okay..enough about me, let's start with how I created my project..


I started with some smooth, thick hot pressed watercolor paper. This is my preferred paper for messy layouts. I stamped a row of sketchy iris stamps across the bottom in black permanant ink. 
Now for some paint..starting at the bottom of the page and working my way up, I used a flat paint brush to create layers of color...
For my paint layers I used..bottom to top-
Keep Palm (splatter only)
To get a mottled effect, I spritzed some water over the top of the paint and blotted it off before it dried. 
And I added water to some of the Royal Purple to add some more splatters across the top. 
I finished the background off by stamping a few more iris stamps OVER the top of my layout. 
Once my background was completely dry I placed it under a heavy book overnight to get it nice and flat. And then it was time to create! 
I knew with a purple background, I needed to create a heritage page. I inherited a lot of heritage photos from my maternal grandparents and have been digitizing and scrapbooking them for the past year or two. I do a photo or two every month...mostly cause I love to tell these stories and create these pages and I dont want to run out of pictures.. 
I chose this photo of my grandmother and my great great great grandmother. It also includes my grandmothers handwriting with the date the photo was taken. (again..this is a digitized reprint and not the original photo. ) 
I love how the layers of stamping and painting across the bottom of my page turned out! So many layers of color and interest to the page. 
I have a You Tube process video to share as well...detailing my process for the whole layout.

Have A Lovely Day! 
Sara 














No comments: