Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Love Captured - December Color Kitz by Emilie Chamel



Happy December, friends!

Emilie here using the December 2020 Color Kitz to show you how versatile this kit is by creating a non-Christmassy layout! I love these kits so much! The mediums are so easy to use in all sort of ways! Paint-brushes, sprays, splatters, full background, lettering... you name it, you can create it!

  • Seas The Day Vibez
  • Bubblegum Blast Shimmerz
  • Granny Gray Spritz
  • Buddy's Favorite Color Shimmerz
  • Olive Branch Spritz
  • 1 exclusive layered process "By The Chimney With Care" cut file created by Shimmerz Paints 
  • 1 set of "Oh What Fun" Dotz
  • 1 package of Silver Dusting Embellishmentz


Lately I have been practicing brush lettering which gave me the idea for this background. I am so happy with how it turned out! I used a large round brush to hand-letter the word "Love" on my background with the "Bubblegum Blast" Shimmerz paint. I then fine-lined it gradually with a thinner round brush then followed with a super thin round tip brush both in more or less diluted "Buddy's favorite color" Shimmerz paint to create the impression of volume.


I splattered my background with diluted "Bubblegum Blast" and "Buddy's favorite color" shimmerz as well as with the Olive Branch Spritz.


I sprayed two pieces of white cardstock respectively with "Sea's the day" Vibez and "Granny Gray" Spritz to mat my photograph.



I tore a bit of the Granny Gray cardstock to repeat at the top right corner of my layout to balance out my design.


I decorated my layout with sequins, die-cuts and Perspextives for a mix of texture and a layering of volumes. And there you go! I am so happy with this layout and how it turned out!



Make sure you grab this gorgeous, December kit from the Shimmerz shop before they are gone and add my name "Emilie" in the comment section at checkout for a free surprise gift! See you soon!





Emilie



 

No comments: