Friday, November 20, 2020

Thankful for Every Little Moment | Niki Rowland | November Color Kitz

 

Hey everyone, this is Niki @nikiclairecreates and I have a new layout and process video to share today using the November Color Kitz. You can find the process video at the end of this blog post.

The November Kitz contains Don't Rain on my Parade Vibez, Going Peach Side Shimmerz, Precious Metal Shimmerz, Misty Morning Inklingz and Show Me the Honey Inklingz. As well as these amazing paints, there is also a pack of three Dotz, some gorgeous sticky backed pearls and of course the exclusive cut file, which reads 'Thankful for Every Little Moment'.

I started with a sheet of white card that I trimmed down and distressed the edges. I mounted this onto a sheet of Maggie Holmes Marigold paper that had colourful stripes on it - this paper was a great choice as the colours in the paper match the colours in the Kitz perfectly!



I cut the outline of the cut file in kraft card and cut the internal letters in light pink.

I added three colours from the Color Kitz to my layout, as a base to put my photo. The colours I used are: Misty Morning Inklingz, Show Me the Honey Inklingz and Going Peach Side Shimmerz. These three colours are so pretty together and my plan was to create a lovely area of colour for my photo to sit on.

 


Once dry I arranged my cut file onto the layout and popped up all of the internal pink letters on foam pads to give lots of lovely dimension. I added my photo and a few embellishments on the painted area.

I also created a little cluster of embellishments down in the bottom right corner of the layout and added some splatters of the Color Kitz Paints.

 

I used a metal die and my Big Shot machine to cut out some leaves from white card. I then painted these with the other two colours in the Color Kitz: Precious Metal Shimmerz and Don't Rain on My Parade Vibez. These leaves look so pretty painted in those gorgeous colours.

I added two of the Dotz to my layout and a few of the sticky backed pearls on each side. Here's another look at te finished layout:

 

I've put together a process video for this layout that can be viewed below.


Thank you so much for joining me today and I hope you have enjoyed this layout and video. Don't forget that if you place an order via the Shimmerz Store, add my name to the comments to receive a little freebie!

Happy scrapping

Niki xx

@nikiclairecreates



 

No comments: