Friday, November 6, 2020

Best Brothers | 12x12 Monochromatic Mixed Media Layout with Shimmerz Mists and Foilz

 Hello everyone!

How are we holding up? We just started a new month, and hopefully, November will be fulfilled with new Shimmery goodness. I've created a monochromatic mixed media layout to share with your today, and it's an easy and quick one to make, too!


I began my layout by selecting a white textured cardstock as my base, and pulled the following blue- and gray- toned Shimmerz from my stash: Love Ocean #9, Heidi Ho Blue, In Deep, Jenni B Blue, Granny Gray, and Oh Say Can You Sea. Added clear gesso to the base because I know that I would be using a lot of liquid to make my background. After the base was dry, I began spraying each of the colors unto the background, and every so often, I pick up the cardstock, twist it this way and that, to ensure that my colors were blending together. Once I was satisfied with the look of the my background, I splattered some Taupe of the Morning and Oh Say Can You See, and finally set my base aside to dry.



As my base dried, I selected some die cuts and stickers from Cocoa Vanilla Studios' Legendary in blues and grays. I didn't want to cover up the background so I also kept my patterned papers to just mats beneath my pictures. Before adding everything in, I splashed some white acrylic paint in order to add a bit more interest to the background, and, after some drying time, I used a stencil and Shimmerz Foilz in Silver Dollar to add some texture.


Once everything was set and dry, I began placing things on the background; some were stuck right unto the background while others were popped up on craft foam. This is mainly because I love to add dimension to my layouts. And that's it!


I so appreciate you joining me today; stay safe and I will see you back soon. If you'd like to see the process video for this layout, click here.


Remember, you can get a freebie by typing LORIMAR in the comments section of your next Shimmerz order.

Have a great day,

Lorimar

No comments: